Click here to shop our Connecticut Pasture Raised Pork!
Information on Tamworth Pigs
- Tamworth Pasture Raised pork is celebrated by chefs worldwide due to its exquisite taste.
- Tamworths produce meat and bacon that is lean and fine grained.
- They are particularly known for great-tasting, lean meat with good texture.
- They are considered a “bacon breed” meaning they thrive on low energy foods but grow slowly.
- The characteristics of the Tamworth reflect the breed’s centuries of selection for an outdoor life
- Tamworths are hardy, with good mothering capabilities, and they perform very well outdoors, especially when grazing on pasture
- Long heads and impressive snouts enable these pigs to be efficient foragers.
- Long, strong legs and sound feet give Tamworth pigs the ability to walk for considerable distances.
- Ginger red coats make the pigs adaptable to a variety of climates and protect them from sunburn.
- Tamworths have an active intelligence, and they are agreeable in disposition.
- For more information on Tamworth pigs, visit the Tamworth Swine Association.
Why choose Aradia Farm Pasture Raised Pork?
- Pigs at Aradia Farm are on pasture in Southbury and Oxford, CT year round. They always have access to a large pasture where they can root, lay in sun and give themselves a mud bath. We run our own breeding program and we never use gestation or farrowing crates. Our sows give birth naturally and in large pens where they have lots of room to move around. We take great pride in providing the best life possible for our pigs. This is just one reason our pork is superior; pigs that are happy have lower stress and therefore more tender and flavorful meat.
- Aside from all the bugs, worms and nuts they find in the pasture, our pigs are fed a high quality diet of grains, fruits and vegetables. Due to a partnership with New Morning Natural Market, our pigs have year round access to organic, fresh fruits and vegetables. Even in the depths of winter, our pigs are getting fresh kale, spinach, and lettuce in addition to apples, pears and bananas.
Shop Pasture Raised Pork from Tamworth pigs
Pasture Raised Bacon
Hot Italian sausage