Chicken Fried Steak from Aradia Farm’s grass fed cubed steaks
Chicken Fried Steak Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 lbs Aradia Farm cubed steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Chicken Fried Steak Directions:
- Heat a medium-high skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Cook’s Note: Oil is heated when you drop a little flour in and the oil spits.
- Pound out the cube steaks with a meat mallet until they are 1/4 to 1/2-inches thick. Salt and pepper both sides. Mix the flour, cayenne and paprika together in a bowl. Beat the eggs in another bowl. Dredge the steaks through the flour, then egg mixture, then through the flour again.
- Place the steak carefully in the pan as the oil will splatter. Cook until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. When finished, place on a sheet tray lined with paper towels, hold in a warm oven and repeat the procedure with the other pieces of steak.
- When all steaks have been cooked off, pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the cooking oil and lower heat. Add 3 tablespoons of the leftover flour mixture to the oil and whisk to create a paste. Cook until golden, about 1 minute. Gradually add the milk to the flour and oil mixture while whisking together. Season the gravy with salt and pepper, to taste. Let cook until thickened; about 10 minutes. Pour gravy over the steak to finish and garnish with parsley.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Food Network – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/chicken-fried-steak-with-gravy-recipe-1943679.amp