Make mornings enjoyable with our Pure Connecticut 8 oz Maple Syrup. Use on pancakes, waffles or even oatmeal. We do not grade our syrup, but it is comparable to a Medium Amber. It has a dark color and rich maple flavor.
Our syrup is also great for use in glazes and rubs on our pork.
Tips and Tricks for Storage and Use
- Once opened, keep in the refrigerator to preserve. Warm before use.
- Do not store longer than one year.
Maple Syrup Recipes
Information on Maple Sugaring
- One gallon of Maple Syrup requires about 40 gallons of sap.
- Maple Trees are about 30 years old when they are first tapped. The diameter should be about 12 inches.
- Tapping a tree does not do any permanent damage to it. Only about 10 percent of the sap running through the tree is collected.
- Maple sugar is naturally fat free. Additionally, it is lower in calories than cane sugar.
- Maple Syrup contains many trace minerals including iron, potassium, magnesium & phosphorus. It also has a higher calcium content that milk and contains small amounts of amino acids, proteins & vitamins B2, B5 & niacin.