Garlic Butter Steak Recipe using Aradia Farm grass fed steaks.
Garlic Butter Steak Ingredients
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly snipped parsley
- 4 Aradia Farm sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
Garlic Butter Steak Recipe Directions
In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, garlic, salt and parsley, mixing well. Set aside.
Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
Set the grill to high and heat until the temperature is at least 400 degrees.
Place the steaks on the heated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, then gently flip the steaks and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the steaks are heated to the desired internal temperature:
3-5 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F)
5 to 7 minutes for medium (160 degrees F)
8 to 10 minutes for well (170 degrees F)
The exact grilling time will depend on how thick your steaks are so watch closely and measure temperature with an internal thermometer inserted into the side of the steak.
Remove the steaks from the grill and allow them to rest for 3 minutes before carving to seal in the juices.
Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the steaks with the garlic butter. Flip the steaks and brush the other side.
Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling to bring them to room temperature.
Once the steaks have cooked to the correct temperature, remove them to a plate and allow them to rest for 3 minutes. This seals in all of the juices. If you cut into the steaks too quickly, the juices will escape. And trust me…you want those juices in each bite that goes in your mouth.
Slice the steak against the grain of the muscle. Beef is made up of long muscle fibers that are bundled together in a parallel fashion. You want to slice your steak across those parallel grain lines. Cutting across the grain will shorten those muscle fibers and give you a tender steak bite that is easy to eat.
Recipe courtesy of Tastes of Lizzy T
Chicken Fried Steak from Aradia Farm’s grass fed cubed steaks
Chicken Fried Steak Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 lbs Aradia Farm cubed steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Chicken Fried Steak Directions:
- Heat a medium-high skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Cook’s Note: Oil is heated when you drop a little flour in and the oil spits.
- Pound out the cube steaks with a meat mallet until they are 1/4 to 1/2-inches thick. Salt and pepper both sides. Mix the flour, cayenne and paprika together in a bowl. Beat the eggs in another bowl. Dredge the steaks through the flour, then egg mixture, then through the flour again.
- Place the steak carefully in the pan as the oil will splatter. Cook until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. When finished, place on a sheet tray lined with paper towels, hold in a warm oven and repeat the procedure with the other pieces of steak.
- When all steaks have been cooked off, pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the cooking oil and lower heat. Add 3 tablespoons of the leftover flour mixture to the oil and whisk to create a paste. Cook until golden, about 1 minute. Gradually add the milk to the flour and oil mixture while whisking together. Season the gravy with salt and pepper, to taste. Let cook until thickened; about 10 minutes. Pour gravy over the steak to finish and garnish with parsley.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Food Network – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/chicken-fried-steak-with-gravy-recipe-1943679.amp
Beef Bone Broth
Simply place a big bunch of beef marrow bones in a crock-pot or a big stockpot, cover them with cold water and set the temperature on low heat so it doesn’t do much more than simmer.
Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the cold water to help draw the nutrients from the bones.
You can roast your beef bones beforehand for 25-30 minutes at about 375oF (190oC) and then use them to make your stock. This technique makes a much darker stock with a roasted flavor.
Allow to simmer to 6 to 48 hours, but continue to add water as it evaporates.
Beef Stew with Red Wine and Peas ( 2 hours cooking time, about 15 min. prep ) Beef comes out melt in your mouth tender with this simple slow and low recipe. I often will make a potato for a side, or serve with crusty bread.
Beef Stew Ingredients:
2 lb. stew beef; 1-1/2 c. red wine, 1/2 stick of butter, 1/2 c. + 1/4 c. olive oil, 1 lb. onions, 4 med. carrots, 4 med. celery stalks, 10 oz. green peas fresh or frozen), salt and pepper.
Pour 1/4 c. olive oil into skillet, brown beef on medium heat. Pour out any fat, and add 1/2 c. of the wine. Scrape drippings, and turn off heat. Chop the onions, and in a big pot, put in the meat, contents of browning pan, onions, butter, rest of olive oil, and rest of wine. Cover, put on low for one hour. 15 minutes in, add chopped carrots, and if you have fresh peas, add them in now. After first hour, add chopped celery. Continue to cook one more hour. If your peas are frozen, add them in during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Homemade “Hamburger Helper” Cheeseburger Macaroni ( 30 mins. cooking time, 10 mins. prep) A delicious and so- much- better -for -you comfort food that’s really easy.
Cheeseburger Macaroni Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
, 2 c. elbow macaroni, 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, 2c. milk, 1 c. cold water, n1/2 c. chopped onion, 1Tbsp. butter, 1 Tsp. each salt and paprika, 3/4 tsp. each oregano, parsley, and garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. each sugar and chili powder.
Brown meat in skillet on medium heat. Add the onion, stir, and cook until onion is tender. Drain if any fat, and add remaining ingredients except for cheese. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 mins. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. sauce may be thin, but will thicken as it sits for a few minutes.Adjust seasoning as necessary.
Taco Recipe for Ground Beef or Ground Pork for Tacos ( 20 mins. cooking time, 10 mins. prep) Super easy and tasty.
Seasoning: 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder, 1Tsp. each salt and black pepper, 1/2 tsp. each paprika and cumin, and 1/4 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, ground cayenne pepper, and oregano. 1/3 cup water.
Place ground beef in skillet on medium heat to brown. While it is cooking, mix all of the spices together. Once the beef is browned, drain any fat, and sprinkle the seasoning over the beef. Add 1/3 cup of water, mix well, and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally until the water is absorbed